Monument record CRM 015 - 16/18 St Marys Gardens
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 091 559 (50m by 50m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||CREETING ST MARY, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Flint chisel, probably rechipped from a polished axe. Length 4 1/2 inches (11.48cm)(S1), from the garden of 18 St Mary's Gardens.
Epidiorite axe (Group I)(S2) from the garden of 16 St Mary's Gardens. Same as (?) sectioned axe listed in (S3) as personal possession. February 1994: NGR amended to correspond with description (from cited NGR TM 090 560).
- <R1> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TM05NE22.
- <S1> SSF50070 Index: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card 1972-119, 1972.
- <S2> SSF50070 Index: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card 1973-.
- <S3> SSF3811 (No record type): Clough T McK and Cummins W A (eds), Stone Axe Studies, 2, CBA RR, 67, 1988, 181, no 122.
- <S4> SSF56046 Article in serial: Owles, E. J.. 1973. Archaeology in Suffolk, 1973. XXXIII.1, pp. 94–102..
- <S5> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Apr 13 2021 11:29AM