Farmstead record BRK 188 - Field Barn: Unnamed field barn
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 0941 5260 (52m by 46m)|
|Civil Parish||BARKING, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Unnamed field barn, Darmsden. 19th century field barn. Single building plan formed by working agricultural buildings. The farmhouse is set away from the yard. The field barn has been totally demolished. Located within a isolated position. Probably associated with the nearby Darmsden Farm (S1-5).
Recorded as part of the Farmsteads in the Suffolk Countryside Project. This is a purely desk-based study and no site visits were undertaken. These records are not intended to be a definitive assessment of these buildings. Dating reflects their presence at a point in time on historic maps and there is potential for earlier origins to buildings and farmsteads. This project highlights a potential need for a more in depth field study of farmstead to gather more specific age data.
- <S1> SSF59079 Unpublished document: Campbell, G., and McSorley, G. 2019. SCCAS: Farmsteads in the Suffolk Countryside Project.
- <S2> SXS50088 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1880s. Ordnance Survey 25 inch to 1 mile map, 1st edition.
- <S3> SXS50094 Map: Ordnance Survey. c 1904. Ordnance Survey 25 inch to 1 mile map, 2nd edition. 25".
- <S4> SSZ54999 Vertical Aerial Photograph: various. Google Earth.
- <S5> SXS50102 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1949. Ordnance Survey 6 inch to 1, mile, 3rd edition. 1:10,560.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Jul 23 2021 1:10PM