Find Spot record IPS 011 - Roman Pottery, Dale Hall Lane, Ipswich, (IAS 8004).
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 1564 4648 (238m by 193m)|
|Civil Parish||IPSWICH, IPSWICH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
1902: Empty cremation? Urn, and a brown ware vase since recognised as of 1st century age, the vase being in all probability an importation from the Marne valley region of Gaul. These vessels were found in 1902 "in Mr. Fonnereau's sand-pit " (S1-S2).
See also (S3-S6)
- --- SSF57698 Unpublished document: IPSMG. Ipswich Museum Extension Books.
- <S1> SSF55952 Article in serial: Moir, J. R. and G. Maynard. 1933. The Roman villa at Castle Hill, Whitton, Ipswich. PSIA, 21.3, 258.
- <S2> SSF56350 Article in serial: Corder, J. S.. 1903. Romano-British pottery, near Ipswich..
- <S3> SSF56351 Article in serial: Moore, I. E.. 1948. Roman Suffolk.
- <S4> SSF54455 Bibliographic reference: 1911. VCH Suffolk 1. 311.
- <S5> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TM14NE3.
- <S6> SSF50070 Museum Record Card: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card 1920-52.13,14.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Jun 28 2017 2:50PM