Find Spot record IPS 067 - Bishop's Hill, Ipswich, (IAS 8902).
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 1770 4375 (27m by 14m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||IPSWICH, IPSWICH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Pre 1920? Hoard of four bronze socketed axes, found on the left (north) side of Felixstowe Road, Bishop's Hill (S1, S2). Said to be 5 socketed axes (including 2 small examples) according to Taylor (S3, S4).
See also (S5, S6).
- --- SSF57698 Unpublished document: IPSMG. Ipswich Museum Extension Books.
- <S1> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TM14 SE54.
- <S2> SSF50070 Index: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. 1920-51.26-29.
- <S3> SSF50204 Bibliographic reference: Taylor RJ. 1993. Hoards of the Bronze Age in Southern Britain (BAR 228).
- <S4> SSF50200 Index: British Museum. National Bronze Implements Catalogue.
- <S5> SSF55934 Index: Suffolk County Council Archaeological Service. 1974. Ipswich Archaeological Survey Card Index (digital version).. IAS 8902.
- <S6> SSF50068 Index: Suffolk Archaeology Unit. 1974. SAU index card and Archive. IAS 8902.
- <S7> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
May 24 2021 1:00PM