Monument record IPS 162 - Civic College, Ipswich, (IAS 8801).
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 170 443 (188m by 152m)|
|Civil Parish||IPSWICH, IPSWICH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
1958: Thetford ware rim and silver groat of Edward III, 1327-1377, . A 17th century stone-ware jar, and later material were unearthed, with coins of George. II and III, (S1-S4)
1962: Wooden water pipe 7 feet long with square spigot-hole and bung at one end. Found in an upright
position 30 feet down with 17/18th century pottery, during building operations on the site of the Civic College, (S5).
See also, (S6, S7).
- <S1> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TM14SE87.
- <S2> SSF50035 Unpublished document: Basil Brown. Basil Brown Archive. Brown B, LXIV, 31.
- <S3> SSF50070 Index: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. 958-144, 1958.
- <S4> SSF56034 Article in serial: Smedley, N. and E. J. Owles. 1959. Archaeology in Suffolk, 1959. XXVIII.2, pp. 161–167..
- <S5> SSF55974 Article in serial: Owles, E. J. and N. Smedley. 1962. Archaeology in Suffolk, 1962.
- <S6> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- <S7> SSF55934 Index: Suffolk County Council Archaeological Service. 1974. Ipswich Archaeological Survey Card Index (digital version).. IAS 8801.
- <S8> SSF50068 Index: Suffolk Archaeology Unit. 1974. SAU index card and Archive. IAS 8801.
- FSF16594: POTTERY THETFORD (IPS: Early Late Saxon to 12th century - 850 AD to 1100 AD)
- FSF42815: POTTERY (17th century - 1600 AD to 1699 AD)
- FSF42817: COIN (18th century to Unknown - 1746 AD)
- FSF42819: COIN (19th century to Unknown - 1816 AD)
- FSF42821: POTTERY (17th century to 18th century - 1600 AD to 1799 AD)
- FSF42822: WATER PIPE (ARCHITECTURAL) (17th century to 18th century - 1600 AD to 1799 AD)
- FSF4309: COIN (14th century - 1327 AD to 1377 AD)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
May 25 2021 10:40AM