Find Spot record IPS 800 - 22 The Walk, Ipswich, (IAS 2301).
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 162 445 (9m by 8m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||IPSWICH, IPSWICH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
An Ipswich ware bottle with no neck was found (S1,S2). Also glass oil flask unknown date and other probable Saxon finds (S3, S4)
Stoneware tyg of pinkish buff glaze over a pink body. Base frilled with thumbing. Imperfect. From excavations for basement of shop. Ancient glass oil flask found in the same place. Also Ipswich was jar and late c17th glass bottle (S5)
- <S1> SSF50070 Museum Record Card: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. 1938-159, 1938-160, 1938-210.
- <S2> SSF7686 Source Unchecked: Hurst, 19, fig 2. Hurst, 19, fig 2.
- <S3> SSF55934 Index: Suffolk County Council Archaeological Service. 1974. Ipswich Archaeological Survey Card Index (digital version).. IAS 2301.
- <S4> SSF50068 Index: Suffolk Archaeology Unit. 1974. SAU index card and Archive. IAS 2301.
- <S5> SSF57815 Machine readable data file: Suffolk County Council Archaeologcial Service. 2017. Ipswich PMED Records Spreadsheet.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Aug 9 2017 3:00PM