Monument record IPS 809 - Tower Ramparts School, Tower Ramparts, Ipswich, (IAS 0802).
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 1633 4476 (43m by 25m)|
|Civil Parish||IPSWICH, IPSWICH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
1898: Three iron keys, TM 1632 4477 (Tower Ramparts) (S1) Roman pottery? Probably Thetford ware, found 1898 on S side of Tower Ramparts, opposite bus park, TM 1632 4477. The site is now completely built over (S2).
See also (S3, S4)
This record was two "IPS Misc" records. Now condensed to one.
- <S1> SSF50070 Index: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. 1920-54-ext.
- <S2> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS card TM14SE11.
- <S3> SSF50068 Index: Suffolk Archaeology Unit. 1974. SAU index card and Archive. IAS 0802.
- <S4> SSF55934 Index: Suffolk County Council Archaeological Service. 1974. Ipswich Archaeological Survey Card Index (digital version).. IAS 0802.
- <S5> SSF57698 Unpublished document: IPSMG. Ipswich Museum Extension Books.
- <S6> SSF57563 Index: IPSMG. 2009. Ipswich Museum renumbered Ipswich archive. R.2009.48.
- <S7> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
May 19 2021 1:45PM