Monument record EBG 002 - Rectilinear ditch systems, trackways and a ring ditch of unknown date, visible as cropmarks. (Un)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 065 360 (995m by 1132m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||EAST BERGHOLT, BABERGH, SUFFOLK|
|Civil Parish||STRATFORD ST MARY, BABERGH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (4)
Rectilinear ditch systems, trackways, ? ring ditch, circa 16m in diameter (S1)(S2). Possible Rom road.
2018: Extended area to the east after Google maps update.
- --- SSZ54999 Vertical Aerial Photograph: various. Google Earth. 2018.
- <S1> SSF11067 (No record type): McMasters, I.. McMasters Mrs, AP 56, 1986.
- <M1> SSF50073 Photograph: National Monuments Record. Air Photograph. APs: NMR 2/397, 399; Mrs McMasters 56; (S3).
- <S2> SSF50073 Photograph: National Monuments Record. Air Photograph. NMR, AP 2/397, 399.
- <S3> SSF50025 Photograph: Essex County Council. Air Photograph. Essex C C, AP, CP/97/14/6, June 1997 & CP/97/36/26, July 1997.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Aug 27 2021 3:27PM