Monument record EBG 006 - Lattinford
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 0772 3676 (126m by 97m)|
|Civil Parish||EAST BERGHOLT, BABERGH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Two pits, said to be 4 feet rectangular, circa 22 feet deep. Sherds, much tile, burnt clay, Belgic sherds. TM 0765 3675 sherds, lava fragments. TM 0771 3679 amphora shoulder (S1)(S2).
Continuation of Capel St Mary finds.
On top of the hill opposite and southwest of
Lattingford Bridge, (possibly Lattingford Hill - TM 0736)
Roman pottery including terra sigillata was found, "perhaps a
- <S1> SSF50070 Index: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, cards 962-124, 107, 125, 1962.
- <S2> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TM03NE7.
- <S3> SSF55969 Article in serial: Owles, E. & Smedley, N.. 1963. Archaeology in Suffolk, 1963. XXIX 3.
- <S4> SSF50042 Bibliographic reference: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. P Suff Inst Arch 24 1946-48 168 (I E Moore).
- <S4> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- <S5> SSF60094 Article in serial: Royal Archaeological Institute. The Archaeological Journal.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Mar 1 2022 11:29AM