Monument record HGM 001 - Mostly rectilinear field boundaries of unknown date.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 039 351 (653m by 557m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||HIGHAM, BABERGH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Several field boundaries, mostly rectilinear. One probable rectangular field (approximately 150m x 100m) at the S end of the range of cropmarks, with ring ditch, HGM 008, at NE corner (S1)(S2)(S3). Rectangular enclosure seen on Aps 1978 c.80m by c.70m (S6).
See also HGM 013.
- <S1> SSF18900 (No record type): SAU, APs ANN 6-10 NR: 163 6-7.
- <R1> SSF2924 (No record type): Bulletin Colchester Arch Group, 14, March 1971.
- <M1> SSF46516 (No record type): APs: (S1)(S2)(S3)(S4).
- <S2> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. CUCAP, AOS 62, 1965.
- <R2> SSF6221 (No record type): Farrands R H, APs of site, 1976.
- <S3> SSF11581 (No record type): Mrs McMasters, APs 147, 149, 150, 1989.
- <R3> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TM03NW17.
- <S4> SSF50025 Photograph: Essex County Council. Air Photograph. Essex C C, APs, CP/97/35/12 & 14, June 1997.
- <S5> SSF58519 Unpublished document: Martin, E.. 1976. Prehistoric Crop-Mark Sites in Suffolk.
- <S6> SSF58525 Unpublished document: Martin, E. A. and Plouviez, J.. 1978. Prehistoric and Roman Cropmark Sites in Suffolk.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
May 3 2018 4:16PM