Monument record CSM 006 - Lattinford Hill
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 0840 3717 (50m by 50m)|
|Civil Parish||CAPEL ST MARY, BABERGH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Pottery sherds (S1). Also found in 1927 (S2)(R1).
TM 084 372 Lattinford Hill: "During the removal of sand from the bank on the S side of the Ipswich-Colchester road, a pit 35 feet in diameter and 4 feet deep was revealed in section, and yielded Romano-British sherds (IM 959-157)" (S2)(S3)(R2).
See also CSM 003-005, 007 & 011.
- <R1> SSF11466 (No record type): Moore I E, PSIA, 24, 1946-48, 167-168.
- <S1> SSF50070 Museum Record Card: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, cards 958-122, 210; 959-157; 964-107.
- <R2> SSF3384 (No record type): CBA, Gp 7, bulletin, 6, 1959.
- <S2> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TM03NE2.
- <S3> SSF50042 Bibliographic reference: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Archaeol in Suff, 1959, PSIA, 28, 1959, (2), 162.
- FSF7697: POTTERY (Roman - 43 AD? to 409 AD?)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Oct 16 1989 12:00AM