Monument record MLS 007 - Findspot of a Bronze-Age barbed and tanged arrowhead found on a Prehistoric settlement site. (BA)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 0912 7507 (50m by 50m)|
|Civil Parish||MELLIS, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (3)
BA barbed and tanged arrowhead found on prehistoric settlement site on field NW of bridged ford on S facing slope discovered in pipeline trench in July 1955 (S1) (S2).
Also Neo, IA.
- <R1> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TM07NE21.
- <S1> SSF50035 Unpublished document: Basil Brown. Basil Brown Archive. Brown B, V 73-77 79 81; LXXI 137 139; XCI 165; XCVI 56; card index 213; map 32.
- <M1> SSF50035 Unpublished document: Basil Brown. Basil Brown Archive. Basil Brown archive: volumes, card index, map.
- <S2> SSF50070 Index: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card.
- <S3> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Apr 20 2021 2:55PM