Monument record SBN 029 - Large rectangular enclosure, approximately 90m x 100m.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 015 355 (132m by 109m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||STOKE-BY-NAYLAND, BABERGH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Large rectangular enclosure, approximately 90m x 100m. Overlain by a smaller, square enclosure (SBN 051) and other lengths of field ditches (S1-S5).
1978: Two intersecting enclosures in a larger complex of cropmarks (S6).
- <S1> SSF18352 (No record type): SAU, AP ADC 05.
- <M1> SSF50073 Photograph: National Monuments Record. Air Photograph. APs: SAU ADC 05; NMR 1/451; Mrs McMasters 159a.
- <S2> SSF50073 Photograph: National Monuments Record. Air Photograph. NMR, AP 1/451.
- <S3> SSF11050 (No record type): McMasters, I.. McMasters Mrs, 159a, 1976.
- <S4> SSF50025 Photograph: Essex County Council. Air Photograph. Essex C C, AP, CP/97/36/19, 21 & 22, July 1997.
- <S5> SSF58519 Unpublished document: Martin, E.. 1976. Prehistoric Crop-Mark Sites in Suffolk.
- <S6> SSF58525 Unpublished document: Martin, E. A. and Plouviez, J.. 1978. Prehistoric and Roman Cropmark Sites in Suffolk.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
May 4 2018 12:43PM