Monument record SUY 013 - St Peter's Church
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 8743 4132 (40m by 25m)|
|Civil Parish||SUDBURY, BABERGH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
St Peter's Church, built circa 1460-1485.
Glazed tiles, C15 pottery found built into tower (S1). Perpendicular font cover (R1). Also `a large number of Rom bricks used in construction' - see Rom.
- <M1> SSF38095 (No record type): Drawing: IPSMG card (tile).
- <R1> SSF50042 Bibliographic reference: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. PSIA, 1, 23.
- <S1> SSF50070 Index: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card 1972-134, 1972 (ill of tile).
- <S2> SSF59830 Source Unchecked: RCHME?. Various. Field Investigators Comments. F1 JHO 09-SEP-50.
- <S3> SSF59830 Source Unchecked: RCHME?. Various. Field Investigators Comments. F2 NKB 30-JAN-75.
- <S4> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Mar 5 2021 1:44PM