Monument record LMD 007 - Parsonage Farm formerly Melford Rectory Manor
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 847 471 (152m by 344m)|
|Civil Parish||LONG MELFORD, BABERGH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (3)
Moat. Rectangular, occupied, isolated, on parish boundary. Terrier of 1613 states that the site of the Rectory contains an acre wherein there is a 12-room manor house with an outhouse and a 5-room dairy built on the side of the yard, a garden containing 1 rood and an orchard, also 1 rood, `al which are inclosed with a moate', also a close or `ponde yarde' with a sluice and a `swann's tofte', 2 fish ponds, & half acre toft, a `dovecoate with a smal flight of Doves' and a pound belonging to the manor (S1). Rectory moved in C18 to new site near the church, where Montgomery House now stands (S2).
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Sep 10 2009 5:21PM