Monument record LMD 014 - Causewayed ring ditch of unknown date.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 8569 4569 (42m by 39m)|
|Civil Parish||LONG MELFORD, BABERGH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Ring ditch, circa 35m diameter, with causeway on NW side. Traversed by oval enclosure, LMD 51, with possible causeway on NE side. Ring ditches, LMD 1,2,53,65 & 66 nearby (S1)(S2)(S3)(S5).
- <S1> SSF18353 (No record type): SAU, AP ADC 09.
- <M1> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. APs: SAU ADC 09; CUCAP AOI 21; Essex CC 168/25.
- <S2> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. CUCAP AOI 21, 1967.
- <S3> SSF50025 Photograph: Essex County Council. Air Photograph. Essex CC, AP 168/25, 1989.
- <S4> SSF50025 Photograph: Essex County Council. Air Photograph. Essex CC, AP, CP/99/10/15, July 1999.
- <S5> SSF58519 Unpublished document: Martin, E.. 1976. Prehistoric Crop-Mark Sites in Suffolk.
- <S6> SSF58525 Unpublished document: Martin, E. A. and Plouviez, J.. 1978. Prehistoric and Roman Cropmark Sites in Suffolk.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Mar 11 2021 1:41AM