Monument record COW 006 - Medieval moat.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 7152 5496 (83m by 69m)|
|Civil Parish||COWLINGE, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Moat. Unoccupied, small, square (S1). Shown as a very regular square in 1846 and named as `Moat Plantation', owned and occupied by James Simpson (S2).
May 2001: Scheduled (S3).
- <M1> SSF50016 Scheduling record: English Heritage. Scheduled Ancient Monument file. (S3).
- <S1> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TL75SW3 (ill).
- <S2> SSF4189 Map: 1846-48. Cowlinge Tithe Map. Cowlinge Tithe Map & Apportionment, 1846-8, SRO (B) T74/1,2.
- <S3> SSF50080 Unpublished document: English Heritage. Scheduling information.
- <S4> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- <S5> SSF54455 Bibliographic reference: 1911. Victoria County History, Suffolk (VCH).
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Oct 13 2021 2:49PM