Monument record HRG 001 - Moat Farm
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 769 592 (65m by 72m)|
|Civil Parish||HARGRAVE, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Moat (remains of). `Disconnected fragments of a moat' (S1). S of Hargrave Green.
Taken from NRHE record:
'At Moat Farm, Hargrave Green (TL 7690 5926)...are the disconnected fragments of a moat.
The only water feature at Moat Farm was an irregular pond about 30.0m long which was filled in 8 years ago according to the farmer. No other features survive which would indicate the existence of a former moat. The farmhouse is 19th c. and not outstanding.
Published survey (25') revised.
- <R1> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TL75NE3.
- <M1> SSF50035 Unpublished document: Basil Brown. Basil Brown Archive. Basil Brown archive: volume.
- <S1> SSF54455 Bibliographic reference: 1911. Victoria County History, Suffolk (VCH). 611.
- <R2> SSF50035 Unpublished document: Basil Brown. Basil Brown Archive. Brown B, XXIV, 79, 80 (refers to Dickinson P G).
- <S2> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Jul 1 2021 1:35PM