Monument record COK 004 - Pepper's Hall
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 899 556 (73m by 97m)|
|Civil Parish||COCKFIELD, BABERGH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Moat. Fragmentary, part of complex of yards, occupied (S1). Sub manor owned by Lemmerus de Cokefeud, sold to Abbot of Bury St Edmunds in 1242, acquired by Adam de Calcaestre in 1315, owned by Thomas Spring in 1523 and by Hervey Family by mid C17. In C18 manor fell into disuse and house turned into farmhouse and estate enfranchised by Honor of Clare (S2).
- --- SSF59830 Source Unchecked: RCHME?. Various. Field Investigators Comments. F1 BHS 31-DEC-75.
- <S1> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TL85NE10, ill.
- <M1> SSF50073 Photograph: National Monuments Record. Air Photograph. AP: NMR 13356/2.
- <S2> SSF50250 Article in serial: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology and History. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology and History. 5 1886 199-241.
- <S2> SSF7028 Bibliographic reference: Goult. W. 1990. A Survey of Suffolk Parish History: W Suffolk,.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Apr 8 2022 11:22AM