Monument record WHP 003 - Doveden Hall
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 821 589 (72m by 75m)|
|Civil Parish||WHEPSTEAD, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Moat. Square, occupied, isolated, wet.
House: C15 core, 3-cell open hall house, with cross-wing at service end. Doveton/Dorrington/Duffin Hall was a sub-manor of Whepstead. All rights were released to Abbot of St Edmunds by Thomas Everard in 1292. Owned by Sir George Somerset in 1545, by Thomas Bacon in 1548 and by Roger Frost in 1550 (S1).
May 2001: Scheduled (S3).
- <M1> SSF50016 Scheduling record: English Heritage. Scheduled Ancient Monument file. (S3).
- <R1> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TL85NW10.
- <S1> SSF7028 Bibliographic reference: Goult. W. 1990. A Survey of Suffolk Parish History: W Suffolk,.
- <S2> SSF50025 Photograph: Essex County Council. Air Photograph. Essex CC, APs, BW/99/8/1 & 2.
- <S3> SSF50080 Unpublished document: English Heritage. Scheduling information.
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Oct 9 2007 3:45PM