Monument record WHP 004 - Manston Hall
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 834 566 (144m by 148m)|
|Civil Parish||WHEPSTEAD, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Moat. Two sides of square, occupied, isolated. Close to parish boundary. Present house mid C16.
Manston Hall was a sub-manor of Whepstead. Held for the Abbot by Eric de Manston in C11, owned by John de Brockley in 1428 (S1).
- <S1> SSF7028 Bibliographic reference: Goult. W. 1990. A Survey of Suffolk Parish History: W Suffolk,.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Jun 26 2018 5:04PM