Monument record GAZ 003 - Round barrow, unknown date
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 7190 6662 (38m by 42m)|
|Civil Parish||GAZELEY, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
1836: Mound marked on1st edition OS map.
1954: circa 18 inches high.
1976: 30m diameter, 0.7m high (S1).
8/1/1976: height circa 1.36m, diameter circa 30m.
1998: One of group of three (also GAZ 002 and 008) scheduled. Details in (S3).
- <S1> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TL76NW3, 1976.
- <M1> SSF50073 Photograph: National Monuments Record. Air Photograph. AP: NMR TL 7166/3/158.
- <S2> SSF50073 Photograph: National Monuments Record. Air Photograph. NMR, AP TL 7166/3/158.
- <(S3)> SSF50016 Scheduling record: English Heritage. Scheduled Ancient Monument file. SAM file 31110.
- <S4> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Oct 22 2021 2:03PM