Monument record HGR 002 - Church of St Peter
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 8230 6310 (179m by 169m)|
|Civil Parish||HORRINGER, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Site of St Peter's church, NE of Little Horringer Hall (R1). Parish valued at 7 marks in 1254 (S1). Listed with 16 acres free land circa 1283. Valued at 8 marks in 1341 (S2). Ceased to exist circa 1535. Nothing now remains.
Parish consilidated with Horningsheath Magna in 1548 - now Horringer.
Area visible as soilmarks on Aps
- --- SSZ54999 Vertical Aerial Photograph: various. Google Earth.
- <S1> SSF22082 (No record type): The Norwich Taxation of 1254 per Wm Hudson, Norfolk & Norwich Archaeological Society Vol XVII, 88.
- <R1> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TL86SW14,.
- <S2> SSF17517 (No record type): Record Commission `Inquisitiones Nonarum', 1807, 67.
- <S3> SSF50026 Map: OS. OS Map. OS 6" 1960.
- <S4> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Apr 28 2022 3:43PM