Monument record FAS 003 - Rectangular enclosure of unknown date.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 831 684 (97m by 95m)|
|Civil Parish||FORNHAM ALL SAINTS, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
|Civil Parish||HENGRAVE, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
A series of cropmarks photographed by K J St Joseph (S5).
Cropmark of a rectangular enclosure (S9), to the E of the interrupted ditch system and cursus (FAS 002, 004), close to the River Lark. Possibly Roman. Partly in Hengrave parish. Photo ABB 25 shows another rectangular cropmark to the S of it, partly overlapping the cursus (S1-S4).
- <S1> SSF21589 (No record type): St Joseph J K, Air reconnaissance: recent results 2, Antiquity 38, 1964, 290-291.
- <M1> SSF46528 (No record type): SAM file:.
- <M2> SSF46529 (No record type): APs: (S2)(S3)(S4)(S6)(S7).
- <S2> SSF50073 Photograph: National Monuments Record. Air Photograph. NMR, APs TL 8368/19/443, TL 8368/20/446 & 448, TL 8368/21/453.
- <S3> SSF18295 (No record type): SAU, AP ABB 25.
- <S4> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. CUCAP, APs ARV 78, ADE 39, 40 etc.
- <S5> SSF5242 Unpublished document: Department of the Environment. Scheduling information.
- <S6> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. CUCAP, APs CJB 30, 33, 34.
- <S7> SSF50025 Photograph: Essex County Council. Air Photograph. Essex C C, AP, CP/97/13/22, June 1997.
- <S8> SSF50106 Photograph: Air Photographs. NAU, TL 831 684, JDE 1, 6 & 10-13, 1 July 1996.
- <S9> SSF58519 Unpublished document: Martin, E.. 1976. Prehistoric Crop-Mark Sites in Suffolk.
- <S10> SSF58525 Unpublished document: Martin, E. A. and Plouviez, J.. 1978. Prehistoric and Roman Cropmark Sites in Suffolk.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
May 16 2019 10:56PM