Monument record BSE 005 - Northumberland Avenue (Rom)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 8463 6583 (51m by 50m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||BURY ST EDMUNDS, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
`Portion of two skeletons, bronze toilet implements, bracelet & silvering' recorded on BSEMH map from TL 8461 6584 (as marked by cross)(S2). OS add glass bead. Described at the time as Rom but re-assessment of the finds and further burials in the vicinity suggest a Sax date, possibly C7 (S1).
See Sax for full account and references.
- <M1> SSF37998 (No record type): Microfilm: (S2).
- <S1> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TL86NW7.
- <S2> SSF2553 (No record type): BSEMH, 6 inch record map, 44 NW, A R Edwardson entry, 24 December 1954.
- <S3> SSF57181 Article in serial: Smedley, N. and S. E. West. 1955. Archaeology in Suffolk, 1954- 1955.
- <S4> SSF11099 Bibliographic reference: Meaney, A.. 1964. Gazeteer of Early Anglo Saxon Burial Sites.
- <S5> SSF59932 Bibliographic reference: Geake, H.. 1997. The use of grave-goods in conversion-period England.
- <S6> SSF59798 Article in serial: A, A. Bryan. 1998. Windmill gazetteer for England.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Mar 9 2021 1:27PM