Find Spot record CLA 017 - Church of St Peter and St Paul
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 769 454 (53m by 102m)|
|Civil Parish||CLARE, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
At the quarterly meeting (of the SIA), at Bury St Edmunds, December 22nd 1853 ... Mr J B Armstead exhibited a bulla or seal of lead of Pope Innocent VI (AD 1352-1362) found in the churchyard at Clare. On the obv: INNOC'CTIVS.PP. VI. rev: the usual figures of SS Peter and Paul, with initials S.P. and S.L. (S1)(S2).
For church and churchyard see CLA 023.
- <M1> SSF44736 (No record type): Photographs: BIO 4,5,6.
- <S1> SSF50042 Bibliographic reference: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. PSIA, 2, 1859, 98.
- <M2> SSF50035 Unpublished document: Basil Brown. Basil Brown Archive. Basil Brown archive: volume.
- <S2> SSF50035 Unpublished document: Basil Brown. Basil Brown Archive. Brown B, XC.
- <S3> SSF50025 Photograph: Essex County Council. Air Photograph. Essex CC, AP, BW/99/3/8, January 1999.
- FSF19952: SEAL (14th century - 1352 AD to 1362 AD)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Sep 28 2006 10:16AM