Poorly Located Find Spot record FKM 060 - Fakenham, General, (Palaeolithic, Mesolithic)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||TL 91 76 (point) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||FAKENHAM MAGNA, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Previously recorded as FKM 007 - grid reference generalised to parish only (S1-S2).
One tranchet axe, one blade, (S3).
One core, three blades, one tanged point, (S4).
See also (S5).
Formerly recorded as FKM MISC
- <S1> SSF23397 Source Unchecked: Wymer, J.J.. 1976. Unknown Source.. Wymer J J, circa 1976.
- <S2> SSF23378 Bibliographic reference: Wymer, J.J. & Bonsall, C.J.. 1977. Gazetteer of Mesolithic sites in England and Wales, CBA Research Report 20. 256.
- <S3> SSF2791 Museum Record Card: Moyses Hall Museum, Bury St Edmunds.. No Date. D.7. BSEMH, D.7.
- <S4> SSF22099 Museum Record Card: Thetford Museum. No Date. A.1384; A.436; A.1260/2. Thetford Museum, A.1384; A.436; A.1260/2.
- <S5> SSF59353 Digital archive: Jacobi, R.. 2014. Palaeolithic and Mesolithic Lithic Artefact (PaMELA) database. 10245, 11400, 98, 814.
- <S6> SSF59354 Bibliographic reference: Billington, L, P.. 2016. Lithic Scatters and Landscape Occupation in the Late Upper Palaeolithic and Mesolithic: A Case Study from Eastern England.. M 979, P 180.
- FSF38326: OPPOSED PLATFORM BLADE CORE (Mesolithic - 9000 BC? to 4000 BC?)
- FSF38327: TANGED POINT (Final Palaeolithic (Federmesser) - 12000 BC? to 10800 BC?)
- FSF50251: OBLIQUELY BLUNTED/PARTIALLY BACKED MICROLITH (Early Mesolithic - 9000 BC to 8000 BC)
- FSF51485: LONG BLADE CORE (Terminal Palaeolithic (Ahrensburgian, Long Blade) - 9700 BC? to 9400 BC?)
- FSF7658: TRANCHET AXEHEAD (Early Mesolithic - 9000 BC? to 8000 BC?)
- FSF7659: BLADE (Mesolithic - 9000 BC? to 4000 BC?)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Jul 17 2020 11:08AM