Monument record EUN 003 - Great Furze Plantation
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 9193 8052 (58m by 58m)|
|Civil Parish||EUSTON, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
1905: Two tumuli marked on OS 25 inch map.
1970: Possible tumulus, or two. Site much damaged, even doubtful. 1976: Two ill-defined lumps - geological ?. A) Smaller W mound circa 1.01m high, circa 20m diameter. B) Larger E mound circa 4.06m high circa 60m long, circa 38.5m wide (S1). Marked on 1:10560 OS map in 1958 (S2).
- <S1> SSF10870 (No record type): Martin, E.A.. Martin E A, 1976.
- <R1> SSF18402 (No record type): SAU, AP AEC 6 (larger mound).
- <M1> SSF41138 (No record type): Barrow survey:.
- <S2> SSF12638 (No record type): OS, 1:10560 map, TL 98 SW, 1958.
- <M2> SSF41139 (No record type): AP: AEC 6.
- <S3> SSF59830 Source Unchecked: RCHME?. Various. Field Investigators Comments. F1 FDC 02-NOV-77.
- <S4> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Apr 8 2021 2:51PM