Monument record EUN 064 - Post medieval deer park (Euston Hall)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 91 78 (1000m by 1000m)|
|Civil Parish||EUSTON, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Deer park in 1677 had a pale 9 miles in compass and was disparked before 1867 (R1) (S1).
Disparked by 1867. Boundary has had several changes since C17. Park fence shown on estate map of 1841 along NW boundary of Fakenham Wood but portrays no other stretch. Where best preserved pale averages 6m wide and 0.8m high with a vague ditch 0.4m deep on inside (S1)(R2).
David Dymond suggests that Bayton Grove, to E of house, was site of deer park noted by Evelyn (see Euston Park - EUN 020).
Formerly recorded as EUN MISC
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Jun 8 2018 4:32PM