Monument record BAR 010 - Iron-Age artefact scatter of pottery- three pots.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 9347 7276 (100m by 100m)|
|Civil Parish||BARDWELL, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Three IA pots of brownish, grey, gritty fabric, 5.5ins in diameter, found by bulldozing - said to have been upside down and arranged in triangle about 1 foot apart (one pot only capable of partial restoration).
Possible pit with pottery, including a sherd with burnished curvilinear decoration and bone noted (see 'Not to be published on web' tab for findspot)(S1).
Details & drawings in (S2).
- <S1> SSF50070 Index: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card 970-117, 1970.
- <S2> SSF976 (No record type): Balkwill C J, A catalogue of IA pottery groups at Ipswich Museum (to 1980), c.1980.
- <S3> SSF56380 Article in serial: Owles, E. J.. 1970. Archaeology in Suffolk, 1970.
- <S4> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- FSF16813: POTTERY (Iron Age - 800 BC? to 42 AD?)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Apr 8 2021 9:52AM