Monument record FML 012 - Great Lodge, Framlingham, (Palaeolithic).
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 295 660 (101m by 101m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||BADINGHAM, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
|Civil Parish||FRAMLINGHAM, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
1971: Possible Palaeolithic flint blade found in plough soil by C S Prior who retains possession. TM 295 660 is in Framlingham Parish and is the grid reference for the Great Lodge, while source (S1) states that the blade was found in ploughsoil. An arbitrary grid reference of TM 297 660 in Badingham parish, was marked on the HER record map (S4), and this was formerly recorded as BDG 004. February 1990: TM 295 660 relates mainly to an area of ?cultivated field, not to Great Lodge, so grid reference accepted and given Framlingham parish number (S5).
- <S1> SSF59405 Article in serial: Owles, E.. 1971. Archaeology in Suffolk, 1971. 206.
- <S2> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TM26NE19, 1977.
- <S3> SSF50070 Index: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card 1971.
- <S4> SSF20418 Cartographic materials: Plouviez J. 1971. HER map. SAU, Plouviez J, 1971 ?.
- <S5> SSF20094 Personal Correspondence: Pendleton C. 1990. SAU, Pendleton C, February 1990. SAU, Pendleton C, February 1990.
- <S6> SSF59354 Bibliographic reference: Billington, L, P.. 2016. Lithic Scatters and Landscape Occupation in the Late Upper Palaeolithic and Mesolithic: A Case Study from Eastern England.. P 162.
- <S7> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Jul 14 2021 10:52AM