Monument record WLW 050 - Crowland/Crownland
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 0130 7008 (20m by 20m)|
|Civil Parish||WALSHAM-LE-WILLOWS, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
1980: Variety of C17-C20 sherds etc., in area 10m square. Also one grey Med sherd.
In 1577 Field book (folio 57b) listed as tenement of William Wyther (S1). Building shown on 1817 map (S2) and on 6 inch map (S3), but by 1984 building and surrounding property boundary amalgamated in large field (S4). For other Med and PMed sites in area of Crowland (now Crownland) and on same (roadside ?) alignment, see WLW 048, 049, 051, 053-056 and Crownland Hall (WLW 004).
- <S1> SSF5173 Unpublished document: Dodd K M (ed). 1974. The Field Book of Walsham-le-Willows 1577, Suff Rec Soc, 17. 115.
- <S2> SSF16417 (No record type): Plan of the Parish of Walsham le Willows 1817, map, 1817.
- <S3> SSF12918 (No record type): OS, 6 inch map, TM 07 SW, undated (C20) (S4) OS, 1:10,000 map, TM 07 SW, 1984.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Jan 13 1988 12:00AM