Monument record LKH 116 - Findspot of a Bronze-Age barbed and tanged arrowhead.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 7111 8203 (50m by 50m)|
|Civil Parish||LAKENHEATH, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Barbed and tanged arrowhead. Found by (see 'Not to be published on web' tab for finder/s and/or findspot/s) in 1959. 'Patinated white'. Sketch shows barbed and tanged arrowhead with both barbs partially broken away, approximately 31mm long x 23mm wide (S4).
Find spot marked on map by Briscoe at (see 'Not to be published on web' tab for finder/s and/or findspot/s).
Formerly listed as MNL 074.
Also Neo leaf shaped arrowhead from same field - see LKH 102.
- <M1> SSF36604 (No record type): Grace Briscoe archive : diary.
- <S1> SSF50042 Bibliographic reference: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Archaeol in Suff 1959, PSIA, 28, 1959, (2), 164.
- <S2> SSF3388 (No record type): CBA, Group 7 Bull, 6, 1959, 7.
- <S3> SSF11326 (No record type): MIHLM, map.
- <S4> SSF1535 (No record type): Briscoe Lady G, diary, 1959, 44-45 (ill).
- <S5> SSF50070 Museum Record Card: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card Neolithic, 1959.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Aug 12 2013 4:08PM