Monument record WSF 018 - Wranglands Field
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 015 747 (101m by 100m)|
|Civil Parish||WATTISFIELD, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Circular, bronze enamelled Rom disc brooch found by J E Blake on Wranglands field 25/7/1958. The findspot is on the NW edge of an Anglo Saxon site, WSF 033 and Basil thought it might be a Saxon brooch at first (S1,S2,S3). A good detailed sketch is attached to card 415 (S1).
- <S1> SSF50035 Unpublished document: Basil Brown. Basil Brown Archive. Brown B, XII, 49; LIII, 5; card index 415.
- <M1> SSF50035 Unpublished document: Basil Brown. Basil Brown Archive. Basil Brown archive: volumes, card index.
- <S2> SSF50070 Index: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card.
- <S3> SSF20926 (No record type): SAU, West S E, SMR card.
- <S4> SSF60015 Bibliographic reference: CBA. 1958. Group 7 Bulletin, 1958.
- <S5> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Apr 27 2021 11:42AM