Poorly Located Find Spot record WGN 065 - Worlington, General, (Mesolithic)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||TL 69 73 (point) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||WORLINGTON, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
1959? Tranchet axe between 10 and 20cm long, marked "Wortington" (S1-S4)
Formerly recorded as WGN MISC.
- <S1> SSF50070 Index: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card 959-40-715, 1959.
- <S2> SSF23378 Bibliographic reference: Wymer, J.J. & Bonsall, C.J.. 1977. Gazetteer of Mesolithic sites in England and Wales, CBA Research Report 20. 266.
- <S3> SSF59353 Digital archive: Jacobi, R.. 2014. Palaeolithic and Mesolithic Lithic Artefact (PaMELA) database. 11675.
- <S4> SSF59354 Bibliographic reference: Billington, L, P.. 2016. Lithic Scatters and Landscape Occupation in the Late Upper Palaeolithic and Mesolithic: A Case Study from Eastern England.. M 1225.
- <S5> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Oct 1 2021 1:46PM