Find Spot record RGV 073 - Deer's Hill, Redgrave, (Mesolithic)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 06 77 (59m by 63m)|
|Civil Parish||REDGRAVE, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
|Civil Parish||WORTHAM, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
19th century? Mesolithic quartzite macehead probably found at Deer's Hill in Redgrave Park by men digging for stone 10 feet below ground level. Part of Evans Collection (S1-S7)
Spear's Hill, Wortham on parish boundary with Redgrave is noted by Basil Brown on OS maps as having been called Deer's Hill on old plans.
Formerly recorded as RGV MISC
- <S1> SSF50035 Unpublished document: Basil Brown. Basil Brown Archive. Brown B, XCVI, 52, 217; map 22.
- <S2> SSF54455 Bibliographic reference: 1911. Victoria County History, Suffolk (VCH). 261.
- <S3> SSF50070 Museum Record Card: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card.
- <S4> SSF15307 Museum Record Card: Ashmolean Museum. 1927. 1927-3703. OXFAS 1927-3703.
- <S5> SSF59353 Digital archive: Jacobi, R.. 2014. Palaeolithic and Mesolithic Lithic Artefact (PaMELA) database. 11379.
- <S6> SSF23378 Bibliographic reference: Wymer, J.J. & Bonsall, C.J.. 1977. Gazetteer of Mesolithic sites in England and Wales, CBA Research Report 20. 263.
- <S7> SSF59354 Unpublished document: Billington, L, P.. 2016. Lithic Scatters and Landscape Occupation in the Late Upper Palaeolithic and Mesolithic: A Case Study from Eastern England.. M 1142.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
May 26 2020 2:13PM