Monument record WTM 004 - Wortham Hall; Manor Farm
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 084 789 (185m by 229m)|
|Civil Parish||WORTHAM, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Moat, fragmentary, beside Church of St Thomas and St Mary. Occupied by Wortham Hall, C16 (S1).
TM 0842/7900 Black earth patches found by workmen (S2).
Basil Brown notes this moated area as site of original Manor of De Wachesham till death of Sir Robert 1366, when it reverted to the Crown.
- <S1> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TM07NE30.
- <M1> SSF50035 Unpublished document: Basil Brown. Basil Brown Archive. Basil Brown archive: volume, map.
- <S2> SSF50035 Unpublished document: Basil Brown. Basil Brown Archive. Brown B, XCVI, 54; map 22.
- <S3> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- <S4> SSF59830 Source Unchecked: RCHME?. Various. Field Investigators Comments. F1 PAS 05-DEC-73.
- <S5> SSF54455 Bibliographic reference: 1911. Victoria County History, Suffolk (VCH). VCH 1 1911 619 (J C Wall).
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Jan 19 2022 10:44AM