Monument record RKN 002 - West Street Farm
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 0240 7453 (51m by 51m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||RICKINGHALL INFERIOR, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Black patch 36 feet x 10 feet on field 100, seen after deep ploughing in 1958, where Basil Brown recovered IA "A" pottery sherds. He thought it might be another Beaker shaft as at Calke Wood and reported it to IPSMG. Smedley and Owles visited site when more pottery was recovered but due to drainage problems no excavation was attempted. Site not marked on B Brown's 6 inch OS map and no furthr information in archive, so confirmation of grid reference is not possible. Area is now built over (S1)(S2).
- <S1> SSF50035 Unpublished document: Basil Brown. Basil Brown Archive. Brown B, card 292.
- <M1> SSF50035 Unpublished document: Basil Brown. Basil Brown Archive. Basil Brown archive: card index.
- <S2> SSF50070 Index: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card 958-244.
- <S3> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- <S4> SSF55957 Article in serial: Smedley, N. and E. J. Owles. 1958. Archaeology in Suffolk 1958.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Apr 27 2021 11:17AM