Monument record RKN 004 - Broom Hills, Rickinghall, (Mesolithic)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 042 759 (50m by 50m) Centred on|
|Civil Parish||RICKINGHALL INFERIOR, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
1964-1968: Broom Hills is a multi period site excavated by Basil Brown over four years 1964-1968. Four Mesolithic flint flakes are in the archive store, evidence of patinated flint industry, and Brown reports that over 1000 Mesolithic and Neolithic worked flints were found on this site (S1, S2).
See also Neolithic, Roman, Saxon and Undated records.
- <S1> SSF50035 Unpublished document: Basil Brown. Basil Brown Archive. Brown B, XVIII, 12,13; LIII, 3,6-37,40-42; LIX, 1-30; LXXX. Aug-Dec; LXXXI, Jan-Dec; LXXXII, Jan, Ju.
- <S2> SSF55972 Article in serial: Owles, E. J. and N. Smedley. 1965. Archaeology in Suffolk, 1965.
- <S3> SSF59353 Digital archive: Jacobi, R.. 2014. Palaeolithic and Mesolithic Lithic Artefact (PaMELA) database. 11581.
- <S4> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- <S5> SSF50250 Article in serial: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology and History. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology and History. 1964-65 vol. 30.
- <S6> SSF50250 Article in serial: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology and History. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology and History. 1968-69 vol. 31.
- <S7> SSF60034 Personal Correspondence: Various. Oral information, correspondence (not archived) or staff comment. Mr G Wilby 24 Chapel Lane Botesdale.
- <S8> SSF50062 Bibliographic reference: CBA. Council for British Archaeology Group 7 Bulletin. 1966 vol. 13.
- <S9> SSF59830 Source Unchecked: RCHME?. Various. Field Investigators Comments. F1 NKB 12-DEC-73.
- <S10> SSF60014 Bibliographic reference: David M Wilson. 1976. The archaeology of Anglo-Saxon England.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Jan 17 2022 11:36AM