Monument record MNL 042 - Haylands Drove, West Row Fen (Neo)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 6551 7718 (50m by 50m)|
|Civil Parish||MILDENHALL, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Finds excavated from mainly BA site included sherd from a Neo carinated bowl (S5).
Part of triangular (called transverse in (S2)(S3)(S4)) flint arrowhead, remaining fragment well worked measuring 3.3 cms long by 3.4 cms wide. Found on weathered field surface on slight sandy hillock in May 1969 by Colin Pendleton (S1).
Findspot cited as (see 'Not to be published on web' tab for finder/s and/or findspot/s)(S2)(S3)(S4) inaccurate, should be (see 'Not to be published on web' tab for finder/s and/or findspot/s)(S1). Possibly from spoil of 1935 excavations (see BA).
See also BA.
- <S1> SSF15678 Unpublished document: Pendleton C F. 1987. Catalogue of finds and findspots,1965-1987, unpublished. Pendleton C F, Catalogue of Finds & Findspots, 1965-1987, unpublished.
- <S2> SSF50042 Bibliographic reference: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Archaeol in Suff, 1969, PSIA, 31, 1969, (3), 324.
- <S3> SSF3392 (No record type): CBA, Group 7 Bulletin 16, 1969, 15.
- <S4> SSF50070 Museum Record Card: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card Neo, 1969.
- <S5> SSF6853 (No record type): Gibson A M, Beaker Domestic Sites, BAR 107, 1982, 203, fig MF4:10.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
May 14 2020 10:56AM