Monument record MNL 045 - Bronze-Age artefact scatter of worked flints, including 4 barbed and tanged arrowheads and 2 plain sherds. (BA)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 6670 7765 (113m by 87m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||MILDENHALL, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Scatter of worked flints including four barbed and tanged arrowheads, one tanged arrowhead, one `point', two plain sherds and a cross hatched sherd from a beaker handle. Found by (see 'Not to be published on web' tab for finder/s and/or findspot/s) on field surface in 1960's (S4). Cited findspot for two barbed and tanged arrowheads and tanged arrowhead (plus leaf arrowhead) (see 'Not to be published on web' tab for finder/s and/or findspot/s)
Note major concentration to SE, MNL 296, has similar material, possibly extension of same site? Also four sherds Rom pottery from this field. 1987: Results of Fenland Survey not yet available.
- <S1> SSF50042 Bibliographic reference: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Archaeol in Suff, 1969, PSIA, 31, 1969, (3), 324.
- <M1> SSF6326 Excavation archive: Pendleton C. 1990. Fenland Survey Archive. Survey archive: Fenland.
- <S2> SSF50070 Museum Record Card: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card Neo & BA, 1969.
- <S3> SSF3392 (No record type): CBA, Group 7 Bulletin 16, 1969, 15.
- <S4> SSF15678 Unpublished document: Pendleton C F. 1987. Catalogue of finds and findspots,1965-1987, unpublished. Pendleton C F, Catalogue of Finds & Findspots, 1965-1987, unpublished..
- FSF10130: WORKED OBJECT (Bronze Age - 2350 BC? to 701 BC?)
- FSF10131: ARROWHEAD (Bronze Age - 2350 BC? to 701 BC?)
- FSF10132: BARBED AND TANGED ARROWHEAD (Bronze Age - 2350 BC? to 701 BC?)
- FSF10133: POTTERY (Bronze Age - 2350 BC? to 701 BC?)
- FSF10134: POTTERY BEAKER (Early Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 1501 BC)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
May 14 2020 11:04AM