Monument record MNL 059 - Hayland Drove
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 6545 7728 (51m by 50m)|
|Civil Parish||MILDENHALL, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Bronze chisel and bronze knife, not associated.
Bronze flat tanged chisel with rectangular section. Some damage (mostly recent) to tang. Length 10.1 cms. Found in or before 1965 (S4). Approximate findspot recorded as (see 'Not to be published on web' tab for finder/s and/or findspot/s)
Bronze tanged knife with single rivet. Oval ended tang widens to blade edge above side notches. Oval blade tip. Blade edge slightly damaged. Length 13.2 cms. Found by (see 'Not to be published on web' tab for finder/s and/or findspot/s)
Single rivet knives are dated to the late MBA and to the LBA (S4).
- <R1> SSF11207 (No record type): MIHLM, 6 inch record map.
- <S1> SSF50070 Museum Record Card: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card LBA, 1965.
- <S2> SSF5641 (No record type): Edwardson A R, BA Metalwork in Moyses Hall Museum, 1968, (ill).
- <S3> SSF17816 Bibliographic reference: Rowlands M J. 1976. The Organisation of MBA metalworking. number 1128, (ill).
- <S4> SSF15713 (No record type): Pendleton C F, The Distribution of BA Metalwork in NW Suffolk, BA dissertation, Nottingham, 1985, nu.
- <S5> SSF2792 (No record type): BSEMH, Day Book, 1965.
- <S6> SSF11283 (No record type): MIHLM, card SF.B.13.
- <S7> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TL67NE9.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Feb 6 2009 10:49AM