Monument record MNL 071 - Wildmere Lane/Henyard, Mildenhall
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 7054 7750 (80m by 78m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||MILDENHALL, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Wild Street - scatter of Med sherds and building material - Lady Briscoe' (S2, S4). Site known as `Henyard' by Briscoe.
Spread of Med pottery, probably C13/C14 on surface' (S1, S7). Original 6 inch map with Briscoe notes shows location and gives Mr Clements as original source (S3).
Note both this site and MNL 073 (Clements site) are on Wildmere Lane and were/are owned by Clements.
Further information in Not to publish Tab (SCCAS staff only)
- <S1> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TL77NW24.
- <S2> SSF50070 Index: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card Med 1955.
- <S3> SSF11207 Cartographic materials: MIHLM. 6 inch record map. MIHLM, map, XXINW, entry for June 1955.
- <S4> SSF50042 Bibliographic reference: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Archaeol in Suff, 1955, PSIA, 27, 1955, (1), 46.
- <S5> SSF50042 Bibliographic reference: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. PSIA, 1955, 27, pg46.
- <S7> SSF50231 Unpublished document: Lady Grace Briscoe. Grace Briscoe archive. Briscoe Lady G, diary, 1955.
- <S8> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Jan 26 2021 11:29AM