Monument record BMF 005 - Church of St Andrew
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 3990 7379 (103m by 82m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||BRAMFIELD, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Med (C14) Church of St Andrew, Bramfield, with detached C13 low round tower containing 5 bells. Church has thatched roof and, according to Basil Brown, an "ancient helmet" can be seen here (S1). Documentary evidence for earlier church in 1189 (S3). Outstanding rood screen.
- <R1> SSF3293 Bibliographic reference: Cautley H M. 1975. Suffolk Churches. Cautley H M, Suffolk Churches, 228.
- <M1> SSF50035 Unpublished document: Basil Brown. Basil Brown Archive. Basil Brown archive: volumes.
- <S1> SSF50035 Unpublished document: Basil Brown. Basil Brown Archive. Brown B, XCV, 15; XCVI, 26,80.
- <S2> SSF20731 (No record type): SAU, slides CQO 43-48, January 1992.
- <M2> SSF46786 (No record type): APs: (S4).
- <S3> SSF21367 (No record type): Smith M E O, Bramfield Church and Village, 1990 ed, 5.
- <S4> SSF50025 Photograph: Essex County Council. Air Photograph. Essex C C, AP, CP/97/39/14 & 16-18, July 1997.
- FSF23140: HELMET (Medieval - 1066 AD? to 1539 AD?)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
May 13 1998 12:00AM