Poorly Located Find Spot record MNL 934 - Roman cinerary urn, Mildenhall Fen
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||TL 67 78 (point) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||MILDENHALL, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
`A Cinerary Urn with burnt bones; a portion of a quern of lava (also see CRN 09321); three bronze dishes, one within the other; a bronze winged figure (Cupid) holding flowers; a dagger with ivory (?) handle and some coins, silver and bronze, were all found in Mildenhall Fen' (S1)(S2)(S3)(R1)(S4).
Formerly recorded as MNL MISC
- <M1> SSF50035 Unpublished document: Basil Brown. Basil Brown Archive. Basil Brown archive: volume.
- <R1> SSF50042 Bibliographic reference: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. PSIA, 1, 1852, 305.
- <S1> SSF50070 Museum Record Card: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card Mildenhall R, undated.
- <S2> SSF54455 Bibliographic reference: 1911. Victoria County History, Suffolk 1. 314.
- <S3> SSF50035 Unpublished document: Basil Brown. Basil Brown Archive. Brown B, XCVIII, 101.
- <S4> SSF16368 (No record type): Phillips C W, The Fenland in Roman Times, London, 1970, 237.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
May 21 2020 8:47AM