Monument record BNT 015 - Multi-period trackways and field boundaries, visible as cropmarks.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 118 336 (297m by 384m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||BRANTHAM, BABERGH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Cropmarks: linear features. Adjacent to and ? connected with BNT 014 (S1).
A number of ditch defined trackways and field or enclosure boundaries of probable Post-Medieval date can be seen as cropmarks on aerial photographs to the south-west of Brantham Hall Farm, centred on circa TM118337, Brantham parish. The features are on a regular, roughly south-west to north-east south-east to north-west alignment, that matches quite closely the cropmarks of a possible field system visible further to the east (see BNT 014). A second branch of trackway doglegs to the south-east, and may be of earlier date. (S3, S4).
- <S1> SSF18598 (No record type): SAU, AP ALL 1.
- <M1> SSF39360 (No record type): APs: ALL 1; Mrs McMasters 18.
- <S2> SSF11060 (No record type): McMasters, I.. McMasters Mrs, AP 18, 1979.
- <S3> SSF50005 Photograph: RAF. Air Photograph. RAF 58/548 5029-30 10-AUG-1950.
- <S4> SSF50073 Photograph: National Monuments Record. Air Photograph. TM1234/1/438 07-JUN-1976.
- <S5> SSF50025 Photograph: Essex County Council. Air Photograph. Essex CC, AP, CP/98/14/7, 1998.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Sep 24 2014 4:12PM