Monument record LKH 088 - Peterhouse Farm, Undley, (Roman)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 6951 8039 (292m by 102m)|
|Civil Parish||LAKENHEATH, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
`A sestertius of Crispina, wife of Commodus (c 180 AD) found' by ? Colonel Kelly at TL 6952 8033 (S1) using MIHLM 6 inch record map as source. However, this plots location at TL 6953 8037 (S2).
Further information in G Briscoe archive?
Note Rom silver & bronze coin hoard to E in same field - LKH 078. Previously mislocated as Mildenhall 100 after grid reference, TL 695 803, in (S3,S4).
1988: Scatter of pottery found during the Fenland survey - 1.27kg grey ware, 0.2kg shell-tempered, 0.26kg Nene Valley, 0.03kg Samian, 0.05kg red ware, 0.03kg buff ware, also 1.42kg of Rom tile. Animal bones and oyster shells also present. Centred mainly on TL 6951 8039 (S5).
- <S1> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TL68SE11.
- <S2> SSF11207 Cartographic materials: MIHLM. 6 inch record map. MIHLM, 6 inch record map, Lady G Briscoe entry, March 19(62?).
- <S3> SSF55974 Article in serial: Owles, E. J. and N. Smedley. 1962. Archaeology in Suffolk, 1962. Archaeol in Suff, 1962, PSIA, 29, 1962, (2), 172.
- <S4> SSF50070 Index: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card Lakenheath Romano-British, 1962.
- <S5> SSF6326 Excavation archive: Pendleton C. 1990. Fenland Survey Archive. Fenland survey archive, field 4549.
- <S6> SSF3415 Bibliographic reference: CBA. 1962. Group 7 Bulletin, 9, 1962, 9.
- <S7> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Dec 18 2020 1:38PM