Monument record LKH 127 - Lakenheath Airfield, Lakenheath, (Sand Dune Site)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 7332 8275 (55m by 53m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||LAKENHEATH, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
1931: J G D Clark excavation - a section cut into sand dune complex (S1, fig 4.14) on Lakenheath Warren, West of the main Lakenheath Warren site/s, (WNG 17). Microliths (and other worked flint?) found are in Cambridge University museum. Sited after Jacobi sketch map (S1, fig 4.9, 3)(S1-S5).
- <S1> SSF10015 Bibliographic reference: Jacobi, R.. 194. The Mesolithic of North East Anglia & Contemporary Territories. 47-53.
- <S2> SSF3526 Bibliographic reference: Clark J G D. 1932. The Mesolithic Age in Britain.
- <S3> SSF4153 Personal Correspondence: Elveden Estate Office. Unknown Date. Correspondence in Elveden Estate Office.
- <S4> SSF59354 Unpublished document: Billington, L, P.. 2016. Lithic Scatters and Landscape Occupation in the Late Upper Palaeolithic and Mesolithic: A Case Study from Eastern England.. M 1057, P 206.
- <S5> SSF59353 Digital archive: Jacobi, R.. 2014. Palaeolithic and Mesolithic Lithic Artefact (PaMELA) database. 11508, 82, 83, 289, 291.
- FSF4531: MICROLITH (Mesolithic - 9000 BC? to 4000 BC?)
- FSF4532: LONG BLADE CORE (Terminal Palaeolithic (Ahrensburgian, Long Blade) - 9700 BC? to 9400 BC?)
- FSF50695: BLADE (Terminal Palaeolithic (Ahrensburgian, Long Blade) - 9700 BC? to 9400 BC?)
- FSF50696: SCRAPER (TOOL) (Terminal Palaeolithic (Ahrensburgian, Long Blade) - 9700 BC? to 9400 BC?)
- FSF50697: BORER (Terminal Palaeolithic (Ahrensburgian, Long Blade) - 9700 BC? to 9400 BC?)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Mar 31 2020 3:50PM