Monument record BUN 001 - Manor House Farm (Rom)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 344 880 (100m by 100m)|
|Civil Parish||BUNGAY, WAVENEY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Manor House Farm (S1).
TM 344 880: Rom tile found in a field near the Manor Farm 1960. Communicated by Paul Roe, 40 Lower Ollands Street, Bungay (per Norwich Museum) (S2). Mettingham corrected to Bungay on SAU copy of this Ipswich Museum card. Rom sherds (Castor ware and C4 colour coated sherd ; ... flint cobbling (? date). Digging by Paul Roe and boys of Bungay Grammar School. Information P Roe - see cutting from Eastern Daily Press, September 18, 1961 (per Norwich Museums)(S3)(S4).
- <S1> SSF18198 Source Unchecked: West Dr S E. ND. SAU (West S E), undated. SAU (West S E), undated.
- <R1> SSF5580 (No record type): Eastern Daily Press, September 18 1961.
- <S2> SSF50070 Index: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card (Mettingham) Bungay, Manor Farm Romano-British, 1960.
- <S3> SSF50070 Index: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card Bungay Romano-British Medieval and later, 1961.
- <S4> SSF50042 Bibliographic reference: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Archaeol in Suff, PSIA, 29, 1961, (1), 92.
- <S5> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- <S6> SSF60034 Personal Correspondence: Various. Oral information, correspondence (not archived) or staff comment. Inf P Roe per Norwich Museums.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Sep 20 2021 3:37PM