Monument record BRD 018 - Staunch Meadow, Brandon, (Terminal Palaeolithic - Mesolithic).
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 7794 8658 (412m by 263m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||BRANDON, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
1980-1988: Scatter of Mesolithic worked flint, including `knapping areas' found during excavations by SAU. Details in excavation archive (S1)
For summary of excavations see (S2-S6). Excavation ongoing in 1988.
Also Neolithic, Bronze Age, Iron Age, Roman, Saxon, Medieval, Post Medieval & Undated records.
- <S1> SSF6198 Excavation archive: Suffolk County Council Archaeologcial Service. 1989. Staunch Meadow, Brandon. Excavation archive.
- <S2> SSF55346 Article in serial: Martin, E.A., Plouviez, J. & Ross, H.. 1984. Archaeology in Suffolk 1983. XXXV (4).
- <S3> SSF55348 Article in serial: Martin, E.A., Plouviez, J. & Feldman, H.. 1986. Archaeology in Suffolk 1985. XXXVI (2).
- <S4> SSF55351 Article in serial: Martin, E.A., Pendleton, C. & Plouviez, J.. 1989. Archaeology in Suffolk 1988. XXXVII (1).
- <S5> SSF59346 Monograph: Tester, A., Anderson, S., Riddler, I. and Carr, R.. 2014. Staunch Meadow, Brandon, Suffolk. A High Status Middle Saxon Settlement on the Fen Edge.
- <S6> SSF59354 Bibliographic reference: Billington, L, P.. 2016. Lithic Scatters and Landscape Occupation in the Late Upper Palaeolithic and Mesolithic: A Case Study from Eastern England.. P 168.
- FSF15335: LONG BLADE (Terminal Palaeolithic (Ahrensburgian, Long Blade) - 9700 BC to 9400 BC)
- FSF15336: BLADE (Mesolithic - 9000 BC to 4000 BC)
- FSF49777: LONG BLADE CORE (Terminal Palaeolithic (Ahrensburgian, Long Blade) - 9700 BC to 9400 BC)
- FSF49778: BRUISED BLADE (Terminal Palaeolithic (Ahrensburgian, Long Blade) - 9700 BC to 9400 BC)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Oct 9 2020 10:55AM